This was hard but fun! I focused on book titles more the content:
1. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain. If you ask people that know me one word they would use to describe me it would probably be "quiet." Or "homebody." I'm a total introvert. I elaborate on this in my review of this book.
2. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. This is all about television! My favorite show is Sherlock, and all of the shows that fit into a fairly predictable set, mostly British: Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, Broadchurch, IT Crowd, Doc Martin, Mr. Selfridge, Endeavor, etc. I'm sure there's more. I won't even start with the Brit Lit Chick Flicks.
3. In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. I just really love food, and am willing to defend it!! Always planning to eat as Pollan suggests...
4. Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie. I have four kids that I tried to train to be morning people like me. But I failed. They are all night owls. So is my husband. Over twenty years of living with them has not converted me into a night person.
5. I Remember Nothing by Nora Ephron. Seriously.