This is about how I feel about my reading this weekend. I had been so excited about the book challenge ever since MotherReader announced it and thought that since it was the weekend after school got out it would work out perfect. I had a beautiful stack of books and very high hopes. But many things kept me too busy to even reach my goal of 12 hours of reading--haircuts, laundry, errands, cooking, church stuff, Relay for Life stuff, etc. I would have prepared better had the previous week not been too busy to get anything done.
Nonetheless, there were some happy things to report:
- I got to finish Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt. Loved it, loved it, loved it!! As usual with his books, I laughed, I cried, and was tickled by the literary allusions. One of my favorite lines was when Doug says, "Reader, I kissed her. A quiet walk back we had, she and I."
- During the time I was reading, I really enjoyed not being on my feet.
- I was able to eat healthy the whole time--no junk food. Only one Diet Coke, the first one I had had for a couple weeks.
- I twittered a bit for the first time in over a year. It was fun especially to find others who were reading what I was reading or reading some of my favorites.
- I started listening to The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry. Cleaning the kitchen today should help me finish it.
- I set up a Tumblr account. Haven't done anything with it yet, but hope to keep track of my weight loss and 52-52-52 Challenge that has moved over there. I need to get going on that because Week 1 is just about at an end.