My kids stats make mine look pretty wimpy:
Of course there are four of them and only one of me, but I'm happy that they participated. My oldest daughter read all of Blue is for Nightmares, and said it was very scary, and my son read all of The Battle of the Labyrinth, loved it, and wants to read the next one when he can.
Adding all of our minutes, we come to a grand total of
So we'll be donating $30.00 to Action Against Hunger.
It doesn't seem like much, but every drop in the bucket counts
Mental State: I slept about six hours last night, but I'm still feeling a little groggy today
Calorie consumption status: Don't ask
Cumulative number of pages read by me: 477
Cumulative number of pages read by kids: 956
Cumulative read-aloud pages: 38 (When the other kids leave, hopefully we'll do more)
Pages read by guests: 43
Titles of Book(s)read:
Finished The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. Started Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy
Kids reading: The Battle of the Labyrinth, Blue is for Nightmares, The Talented Clementine; Sammy Keyes and the Sisters of Mercy, picture books.
The end of event meme:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? All of them after the fifth hour! I was just so tired all day. Last time I didn't get tired until maybe the 22nd hour.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? The Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency was perfect.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope, it was great as it was.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? It just seemed very organized and I appreciated that. I didn't even try to Twitter, but it sounded like fun for those who did.
5. How many books did you read? Only 2, and a little bit of another.
6. What were the names of the books you read? The Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency , Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy
7. Which book did you enjoy most? Hard to pick
8. Which did you enjoy least? Liked them both.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? N/A
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will read and cheerlead!